Fellowship of Evangelical Students (FES)
The Fellowship of Evangelical Students (FES) is an associate ministry of the Graduates’ Christian Fellowship (GCF).
Our vision is to see a community of Christ-like leaders who are salt and light on campus, in church, and in society for the glory of God.
In the light of the changing nature and context of student work today, the FES leadership has developed strategic priorities to help it re-focus so that its ministry continues to be relevant and effective. In the next 10 years, FES priorities will be in Pioneering, Integration, and Engagement.
- Evangelical – We are committed to the good news of Jesus Christ as revealed in the whole Bible, which is the word of God, the truth that charts the way of life and directs our conduct.
- Church-Oriented – Our Fellowship, as part of the universal church, exists to provide a united witness for Christ on campus. We are committed to serve the local churches by training and equipping students and graduates for service
- Student-Led and Student-Initiated – We are committed to student initiative, responsibility and leadership as part of our ethos in developing future leaders
- Inter-denominational – We are committed to celebrating the diversity of different denominations and churches. This is done on the basis of their subscription to the doctrinal basis of the Fellowship and their commitment to the aims of the Fellowship
- Formación – We are committed to the wholistic development of a person, working towards maturity and Christlikeness. (*Formacion: growing deeper in the understanding and practice of the lordship of Christ in all areas of life.)
- Wholistic Witness – We are committed to the good news of Jesus Christ by demonstrating the integration of faith and life. We communicate this creatively and clearly in word, in action, and through relationships-within and across cultures and geographical boundaries
Today, FES has an evangelical student witness in most of the universities and polytechnics in Singapore. We also have pioneering work in some private tertiary institutions. FES student groups consist of students mainly from three language sections: English, Chinese and Indonesian. In each of these sections, students meet regularly for Bible study, prayer, evangelistic outreach, missions training and other teaching and training programmes.
FES provides staffworkers to assist each of the student fellowships particularly in the areas of teaching, training, counselling and providing resources.
Currently, the student groups affiliated to FES are:
- Varsity Christian Fellowship (National University of Singapore)
- Polytechnic Christian Fellowship (Singapore Polytechnic)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Christian Fellowship
- Nanyang Technological University Christian Fellowship (including National Institute of Education Christian Fellowship)
- Singapore Institute of Management Students’ Christian Fellowship
- Students’ Christian Fellowship Temasek Polytechnic
- James Cook University Singapore Christian Fellowship
- Military Christian Fellowship
Pioneering work is being carried out at Nanyang Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Curtin University, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, LASALLE College of the Arts, East Asia School of Business, Management Development Institute of Singapore, Singapore Institute of Technology and Singapore Management University.
FES is also co-affiliated to the Graduates’ Christian Fellowship and the Nanyang University Graduates’ Christian Fellowship.
For more information go to: